[xubuntu-users] Reinstall 14.10 os without losing data

Fred Roller fredroller66 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 15:24:23 UTC 2014

On 11/03/2014 09:24 AM, eddie.seymour at gmail.com wrote:
> Getting the MP-bios timer error and unable to boot. Live dvd fix does
> not work and I would rather not have to completely reconstruct from
> scratch. Is there any way to force a complete system reinstall without a
> reformat?
> Thanks!
Start the re-installation process.  At the very beginning one option is
to reinstall preserving user data.  This should reinstall the OS without
touching your personal stuff and if memory serves preserve installed
programs.

--
- Fred

"Only those who can see the invisible
can accomplish the impossible." - Anonymous