[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu 14.10 not showing nm-applet - icons missing?

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri May 9 11:46:44 UTC 2014

On Thu, 8 May 2014 12:34:40 +0100
Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> I have still not got my nm-applet icon back in the panel on one of my
> xubuntu 14.04 systems.  The network works OK but there's no applet
> icon which can be a bit annoying when connecting to WiFi etc.

The following fix worked for me (add the "indicator plugin" to the
panel):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xfce4-panel/+bug/1302462/comments/3

It's a pity it doesn't seem done by the default install / upgrade,
though. Seriously, I wonder what the Xubuntu devs are thinking (no
working WiFi by default???).

Regards

Antoine.