[xubuntu-users] xubuntu 14.04 beta testing, has the panel at the bottom of the screen been removed officially?

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 3 16:05:37 UTC 2014

On 03/03/14 15:51, Michael Lueck wrote:
> Greetings Elfy.
>
> Elfy wrote:
>> This is the new default.
>>
>> Single panel.
>>
>> Top panel changed items as well as per the specification -
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Roadmap/Specifications/Trusty/Whiskermenu
>

> I was fearing as much. Yuck! Looks like the intent is to make Xubuntu
> look like Windows Server 2008.
>
> I will have to document the hand tweaks to unto and put back to the
> 12.04 look-n-feel. You already helped put back the top bar, Elfy. So
> thank you for that.
>
> Is there an express method to get back the bottom panel, or does one
> have to hand create it component by component? Thank you.
>
> Blessings,

This is one of those things - one man's default is another's yuk ...

Personally I edit and change the default panels - I just have one on the
bottom.

To do more than default you'll have to put it back.

If you've got an old install with what you want then you should be able
to copy from config/xfce4/panel/ all that you have currently, that said
I only have 1 panel so don't know what it would look like with 2 ;)

Also, just a general point - these things do get discussed - and there
are logs - during meetings [1].

I'm sure it's not your intent - but people are welcome to the meetings,
and to talk too ;)

Elfy

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings

--