[xubuntu-users] WiFi on "Try It"?

Dave Hills dave.hills.2009 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 21:19:18 UTC 2014

Hi Guys,
I don't know if this is related but I had trouble with the Broadcom
wireless driver following a clean install of Xubuntu 14.04 on my HP Eny6
Sleekbook. I installed the drivers using the Additional Hardware ->
Software & Updates window:

http://www.divnut.com/Xubuntu/Screenshot_additional_drivers.png

It didn't work to begin with, no Wireless networking at all. Debugging
using synaptic package manager I found the "broadcom-sta-common" package
was missing. Installed using Synaptic all worked OK.

http://www.divnut.com/Xubuntu/Screenshot_broadcom_packages.png

Will log a bug in Launch Pad, if its still repeatable now.

Best regards

Dave