[xubuntu-users] How to get rid of do-hicky on desktop

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sun Jun 1 17:11:50 UTC 2014

It definitively is a panel, by just seeing a picture, it could be any of
tons of panels. Perhaps it's unity-panel-service that gets started. You
wrote: "I have Ubuntu running both Xfce and Openbox". IIUC you installed
Ubuntu first? After installing Xfce and Openbox, did you disable all
unwanted services, that are started by a default Ubuntu install? JFTR I
don't have knowledge about Ubuntu, since I'm only using other *buntus,
but searching the web leads to unity-panel-service.