[xubuntu-users] Can gnome-keyring-daemon be configured to drop key(s) after a timeout?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Dec 9 12:49:35 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 9 10:44:41 UTC 2014 Chris Green wrote:
> I use a vi clone called vile on my desktop machine.  One big advantage
> of using vi or a clone is that you can find a familiar editor on just
> about every system you use.  E.g. I can find vi (often vim, but
> sometimes the busybox one) on all of the following:-
>
>    My dlink NAS backup system
>    An older Western Digital backup system
>    One of my routers
>    My Squeezebox radio (yes, you really can ssh to a Squeezebox!)
>    All of my several Linux systems
>    Shell login on my web hosting provider
>    Beaglebone Black (I have three)
>    Raspberry Pi (I have two)
>    etc.
>
> It's the only editor that I'm sure to find!

Vi for some *nix like OS is a base system component, it's ensured
that base system components are safer against breaking due to upgrades,
vi is e.g. part of FreeBSSD's "world" and Arch Linux's "core". I don't
know if Ubuntu does treat base system component such as vi that secure
too.

--
Marge Simpson: We used to call ourselves the Cool Moms.

Bart Simpson: There is nothing cooler than calling yourself cool.