[xubuntu-users] 14.10 installation doesn't see existing Windows 7

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Dec 2 21:08:24 UTC 2014

I'm trying to install xubuntu 14.10 on a computer which has windows 7
installed already.  I want the xubuntu to resize the existing Windows
installation and install alongside it giving me a dual boot system.

I've created a standard USB stick from the 14.10 ISO file and it boots
OK in the new computer but doesn't 'see' the existing Windows
installation.  It does see the two existing NTFS partitions OK though.

Does anyone have any idea why the Windows installation isn't
recognised and/or how to get xubuntu to install as dual boot?

--
Chris Green