[xubuntu-users] xubuntu 14.10 look

julez s s.julez at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 18:00:54 UTC 2014

On 30.11.2014 02:58, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 02:24:32 +0100
> jules s <s.julez at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I recently upgraded my System from XUbuntu 12.04 to 12.10.
>> How do I make xfce look like the Desktop from a clean xubuntu 12.10
>> installation?
>
> Maybe by cleaning ~/.config/xfce*, ~/.local/share/xfce* and
> ~/.config/dconf before upgrading to the next release and starting the
> first session?

Ok, it turned out that, if you upgrade from XUbuntu 12.04 to 14.10 the
so called "whiskermenu" will not be installed [1] . A fresh 12.10
install uses the whiskermenu (which is what I meant by "14.10 look").

So, a after adding the ppa to the system I got the option to add
whiskermenu to my panel. Under Keyboard-Settings add the command
"xfce4-popup-whiskermenu" and attach whatever you like as the triggering
keyboard shortcut to open it without using the cursor.

The launcher runs fine...it's a shame that synapse is no longer
develeoped ...

[1]
http://www.webupd8.org/2013/07/whisker-menu-fast-application-launcher.html
[2]