[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu - my favourite

Neil neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Thu Sep 12 10:32:38 UTC 2013

I have been using Linux for about 14 years now. I started with Suse then
moved on to Mandrake, now called Mandriva. Then I moved on to the Ubuntu
group. I don't like gnome so I opted for kubuntu which I used for many
years. Eventually I moved over to Mint, the KDE version. That became too
bloated for me so I tried the xfce version. Then, finally, I moved to
Xubuntu.

I really do like xfce and Xubuntu for me is the best distro using it. I
have meanwhile looked at some others including pardus, manjaro, debian,
puppy and most recently solydx. And, finally, I am looking at Mint 15.
In all cases it was the xfce version I checked out where available.

Enough is enough. I am writing this to say that for me Xubuntu is the
best of all. For one thing it concentrates on xfce only. The others I
have tried have had an xfce version as an extra not as their main
desktop but almost as an afterthought.

So this is to say thanks to all the developers etc who have worked so
hard on this. And to say that I hope that both Xubuntu and xfce will
continue into the foreseeable future.

My thanks and best wishes

Neil