[xubuntu-users] Is there a list for *ABSOLUTE* beginners with Xubuntu?

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 3 16:49:28 UTC 2013

On 03/09/13 17:25, David Walland wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Thanks for your replies so far.  Can I point out that I'm actually in
> North East England, in the UK in Europe.  Some of you seem to have
> misread this.  Hadrian's Wall starts about 60km (some 35 miles) north
> of where I live.

I know where that is - at least I can point to it from a map - almost a
foreign country to me ;)

> I've already learned some things which aren't readily accessible to
> the uninitiated from Elfy's reply - thanks for this, I'll try them
> shortly. I've been trying to find a local group or list to contact.
>  Somehow I can't have phrased my questions right on Google because
> none of this info came up when I looked for it.

Much of what I posted I didn't actually look for - I knew where it was.

However as far a LUG's go - I just searched for LUG

You'll see http://lug.org.uk/ there somewhere.

Once there you can search for closer to you.

But to be honest you might be better searching more specifically, say for

linux user group newcastle

However - all that said - you might be better of going for the UK Ubuntu
LoCo - perhaps the mailing list. IRC can be a bit manic and fast at times.

Elfy

--
Ubuntu Forum Council Member
Xubuntu QA Lead