[xubuntu-users] More frustration but a bit closer

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu May 2 04:57:23 UTC 2013

On 05/01/2013 06:31 PM, Anthony Papillion wrote:
> So I figured out that by enabling nomodeset I can get the Xubuntu
> installer to start. Now, I have another problem!
>
> I get to the "Installation Type" screen. It tells me Fedora is
> installed. I tell it to replace it and hit "Install". It does something
> to the hard disk then simply gives up and goes back to the "Installation
> Type" screen. I can't go any further.
>
> Has anyone seen this? Any idea how to get around it?

Do you have more than one OS installed to different partitions? You
might have to edit what partition to install to, which is root / and
swap, etc then tell it to format that root partition. If you only have
one OS and wish to blow it off, then it should be easy enough to select
installing using the entire drive. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html