[xubuntu-users] new xubuntu adventure

Bruno Benitez gridcube at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 17:00:45 UTC 2013

Hello Enz, for what i've recollected you could try installig the zram
kernel configuration to your computer, that might give you a faster
performance, however I have to warn you, that xubuntu's aim ITS NOT toward
old computers. If you wish to get a whole lot better system a distribution
targeted to you its recommended, as is Lubuntu, puppy, slitaz, DSL or
tinycore. You will be able to use xubuntu however, just not as fast or
reliably as those other options.

2013/7/23 Enrico Anzi <anzix at yahoo.com>

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a bran new user of the xubuntu 12.04 installed on a pretty old desktop
> with an AMD Atholn chipset, 384MB of RAM and an hard disk of around 10 Gb.
> I installed all the updates but still today I had to restart the machine 2
> times because the the system was not responding anymore. the whole OS is
> quite slow and I was wondering if I have chosen the right distribution for
> this computer.
> do you have any suggetions to make the system a bit more faster and
> reliable (that I don't have to restart it many times a day)?
>
> thanks all for your time and support.
>
> regards,
> enz

Bruno.-