[xubuntu-users] Fwd: Bose SoundLink Mini

Ralf ranfyy ranfyy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 20:23:46 UTC 2013

2013/12/9 pablo fresia <pfresia at gmail.com>

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm trying to use a Bose SoundLink Mini (
> http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/digital_music_systems/bluetooth_speakers/soundlink_mini/index.jsp)
> in a Dell Vostro 3300 with XUbuntu 12.04 OS. The system functions through
> bluetooth and it seems that I've already installed bluez and blueman
> applet. But I can't use the system yet. In fact, I can't see the bluetooth
> icon on the panel. I don't have the possibility to add it from Panel > Add
> New Items...
>
> appreaciate any help.
>
> best,
> pablo
>
> Is that Dell a relativly new computer?

Check some stuff in the terminal first:

Does bluez have working local device?
---
hcitool devices
---

What the kernel logged about bluetooth?
---
dmesg | grep -i blue
---

If both of that doesn't reveal anything you might need a fresher kernel
like "linux-image-hwe-generic" (which ATM is a backport from quantal).

--
> Pablo Fresia
> Dpto. de Entomologia e Acarologia <http://www.lea.esalq.usp.br/>
> - Esalq/USP
> Lab. de Resistência de Artrópodes a Táticas de Controle

Ralf