[xubuntu-users] ThinkPad T400 - No Desktop (GUI)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Dec 6 09:33:28 UTC 2013

I can't care for the issues you experience, since I'm testing and fixing
a completely buggy default Ubuntu Saucy install :(. Arch Linux is my
main Linux and I guess I will switch to Debian or something else for my
second Linux. *buntu becomes more ridiculous buggy with each release.
YMMV!

However, I'm using iTunes too and it will not run on wine, you need to
install a virtual machine and run Windows. I'm using VirtualBox, the
same version on an old Xubuntu and Arch Linux, so they can share the VDI
and additions can be equal. Guest is XP home edition SP2 and current
version of iTune does work, just when you update iOS there's the need to
virtually reconnect the USB connection 3 times. It might be that very
outdated iTunes version will run o wine, but the user can't use a
outdated iTunes for gear running iOS >= 7.0 and current version of iOS
is 7.0.4.

Regards,
Ralf