[xubuntu-users] WTF: workspace switcher stopped working

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Thu May 24 09:30:23 UTC 2012

I've installed xubuntu-desktop on my natty system, and have been
checking it out for a month or so. But I did a reboot today and things
are not right.

My workspace switcher shows only one workspace, even though the
settings show 8.  Deleting the switcher from the panel and starting a
new one did not change this.

My application windows have no manager decorations: maximize,
minimize, or goAway.  I can resize the windows by dragging the lower
right corner, but cannot move them.  And just now resizing Firefox
seems to have made it crash.

I see no difference between an xfce session and an xubuntu session.
I'm not sure what difference there should be, since I was just using
the xubuntu sessions up to this.

Going back to an Ubuntu session has none of these problems.

What did I do wrong?  What can I do to fix it?

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD