[xubuntu-users] you have got to be kidding me

Michael P. Reilly arcege at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 00:09:30 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Michael Comperchio <compercm at gmail.com>wrote:

>  On 06/09/2012 03:52 PM, TOM TOM wrote
>
> On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM, Chris <racerx at makeworld.com> wrote:

>> paragraphs.... so

>> Linux as their
>> reboot 12.04
>> is a good
>> platform....

>> sell with
>> be typical.

>> problems so
>> sure.

>> then

>> listed,
>> >>
>> > I don't have the patience tonight... are you seriously telling me that
>> > the hardware I have, with which is pretty much generic, and pretty much
>> > worked fine before the last round of updates is the problem!??!?!?!
>> >
>> > I DON'T THINK SO.
>> >
>> > I think people just didn't test
>> > --
>> >
>> > Michael Comperchio
>> >
>> > michael.comperchio at gmail.com
>> > 860 387 2650 <860%20387%202650>
>> > 44 Eagle St, 3 fl
>> > Torrington, CT. 06790
>> > */Computers were created to help people become more productive... then
>> > someone invented the internet./*
>> >

>>  Not at all - BUT, it is interesting that now and only now - you are
>> elaborating on what is/was going on. To me, you would have been better
>> served if you started with much of what you said above and I quote,
>>
>> "pretty much worked fine before the last round of updates",
>>
>> in the first place instead of voicing your frustration as you did.
>> We all have been there - and you too will get past this one way or
>> another.
>>
>> Give it a break for now, come back when cool heads prevail!
>>

>> --
>> Keep well,
>>
>> Chris
>>  <><
>>
>> --
>>

> I'd say going the Windows way is the right choice, at least for now.
> I know Linux can be a pain sometimes, and 12.04 is not as polished as it
> should be, and will be in a couple of months.
> Cheers!
>

>  KDE seems to work. XFCE doesn't. Any hints????
>
> and in a couple of months it wull be 12.10!!!!! :)
> --
>
> Michael Comperchio

I've had times where XFCE suddenly had issues.  First try loading xfwm from
the RunCommand App (usually Alt-F2).  If you don't have the panels, then
try starting xfce4-panel as well.  If you restart them, the session manager
usually keeps them.

Can you copy the output of ~/.xsession-errors or ~/.xsession-errors.old
(whichever has the more relevant messages) to the list?

  -Arcege
--
What comes after the O-nut?
The P-nut