[xubuntu-users] DVD burner not loading new discs

mischa falkenburg because_productions at myfairpoint.net
Thu Aug 30 22:04:35 UTC 2012

Hello All,

    I'm pretty sure that this problem was self-inflicted...but only for
the following reason:

When a new DVD disc is in the drive, it'll "try" to load but nada,
When the computer reboots to try an .iso, it'll load fine.

The self-infliction most likely happened while I was trying to "explore"
burning discs in different formats after converting the files (visual
and audio). Now, weeks later I'm finally getting really upset with
myself and turning to you for help.

Perhaps, might an incorrect Command be being used? For example, in the
"Removable Drives and Media" in "Preferences", Blank CDs & DVDs, the
"check" is ON for Burn When Blank Is Inserted, and the commands are
showing: /usr/bin/dvdauthor & /usr/bin/brasero.

To tell the truth, I've only ever used Brasero to burn discs, so that
just goes to show ya...

Suggestions?

As always, Thanks-In-Advance.
Mischa