[xubuntu-users] Just joined

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Sat Oct 29 11:25:10 UTC 2011

Juha Kautto wrote:
> Hi Neil,
>
> Orage uses standard gtk_calendar, which in turn uses only locale
> settings to control
> week starting date. In other words, there are no settings in Orage to
> override week
> starting day, but it depends only on locale.
>
> Your locale is en_GB, which defines week starting day to be Monday.
> You need to
> change to for example to en_US to get weekday starting on Sunday. So
> start Orage:
>
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8 orage
>
> (You need to quit the running Orage naturaly before starting a new.)
>
> Juha

I can't quite see how to do that at the moment. And I do not want to
change the time, only the calendar. How do I 'start orage' for example.

In my version of Mint KDE I can go to the system settings and choose
which is the first day of the week. Simple. Not so easy in Xubuntu, or
is it Xfce which is missing something? I have always liked the fact
that Linux is so easy to configure to my own choices.

Thanks for helping,

Neil