[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu support for VMWare Workstation 7

Marc Smith marc_smith at gmx.com
Sat Oct 15 07:09:06 UTC 2011

It is actually more about virtualization application, than Xubuntu
itself. Anyhow, VirtualBox works better than VMWare on GNU/Linux.
VMWare is heavy, closed sourced and it generally lost its power after
VirtualBox showed up on the scene. Unless you're running some vSphere
"cloud" [that is: old client-server anyway] appliances, there's no need
to even touch VMWare and paying for something you already have in
VirtualBox, but that's your choice.

As it comes to USB, Wireless, Sharing host disk - it all works great in
VirtualBox.

Regards,
  - Marc