[xubuntu-users] Are there any Xubuntu users here?

Albert Wagner albertwagner at cox.net
Tue May 3 11:41:38 UTC 2011

On 05/02/2011 10:51 PM, Drmgiver wrote:
> Ok, one let me take a breath and stop laughing my ass off here.
> First, no it isn't the same list.  Obviously not, the email is different.
Well, I hope you enjoyed your laugh.  Yes, the email address is
different.  But perhaps you could explain why emails sent to
xubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com never made it to the Xubuntu list, but
instead show up on the Ubuntu list.  What is obvious to you is simply
not true: both email addresses feed the same list.  Did you check the
header for the from address?  I thought not.
> Two, if you want to use Ubuntu apps, use Ubuntu?
My understanding is that Xubuntu is a derivative  of Ubuntu.  I expected
it to differ only in the use of the Xfce desktop rather than the Gnome2
desktop.  What apps would YOU expect to find on an Ubuntu derivative?