[xubuntu-users] Are there any Xubuntu users here?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Tue May 3 12:51:27 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 06:41:38AM -0500, Albert Wagner wrote:
> On 05/02/2011 10:51 PM, Drmgiver wrote:
> >Ok, one let me take a breath and stop laughing my ass off here.
> >First, no it isn't the same list.  Obviously not, the email is
> >different.
> Well, I hope you enjoyed your laugh.  Yes, the email address is
> different.  But perhaps you could explain why emails sent to
> xubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com never made it to the Xubuntu list,
> but instead show up on the Ubuntu list.  What is obvious to you is
> simply not true: both email addresses feed the same list.  Did you
> check the header for the from address?  I thought not.

My guess is that it's *your* filtering that is confusing things, I hit
this problem too.  A mail from/to xubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com will be
'seen' by a filter searching for ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com so will
quite likely drop into your Ubuntu mailbox.  I needed to make my
filtering search for xubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com first so that the
messages to that list were correctly put into my xubuntu mailbox.

I'm a member of both the xubuntu and ubuntu lists and they really are
separate lists (and both get messages).

--
Chris Green