[xubuntu-users] xubuntu on thumbdrive: instructions don't work

David Duckslammer davidduckslammer at gmail.com
Sat May 2 05:57:27 UTC 2009

Grumble growl snarl.  I went out, found myself a wired connection,
downloaded and installed the missing usb-creator, created a bootable
flash drive.  It boots, it runs.  It doesn't seem to recognize the
wifi adapter, but I am at a place where there is only one access point
and it is private.

However the persistence feature doesn't work.  I modified
syslinux/text.cfg per the instructions on Vincent's page and that
still didn't work.  However linux was reporting i/o errors on
shutdown.  So I bought a new thumbdrive, reinstalled, modified
text.cfg - no more i/o errors on shutdown but still no persistence.
Got to have persistence.  There are drivers and apps I can't use this
system without and no way to save them otherwise.

What do I try next?