[xubuntu-users] Menu Editing in 9.04

Jonathan D. Armendariz jdarmendariz at gmx.com
Sun Mar 29 21:23:43 UTC 2009

Vincent wrote:

> Unfortunately the developers did not have time to create a new menu
> editor (the old one won't work anymore), so there is none yet. (Will
> most probably arrive in a next version of Xfce).
>
> However, if you want to move a menu entry, copy the respective file from
> /usr/share/applications to ~/.local/share/applications, right-click and
> open with Mousepad, then edit the Categories=... line (i.e. change
> Accessories to Network).

Thank you I managed to get it to work. Initially I copied over the
application icon from one folder to another and attempts to save it
resulted in "could not open file to write". However, I still had the
installed icon on my desktop so I was able to save the changes to it
then copy and paste it to my ~/.local/share/applications folder and that
did the trick.

Thank you kindly for the help there Vincent!

--
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed
by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes

      - Friedrich Nietzsche