[xubuntu-users] Menu Editing in 9.04

Sun Mar 29 21:09:10 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 10:55 PM, Jonathan D. Armendariz <
jdarmendariz at gmx.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> So far so good with Xubuntu 9.04. I noticed that the menu editor is
> missing (at least in beta). I was planning to move an icon from one
> submenu (accessories) to another (network). Lo and behold where I
> thought the editor was is now not there. Perhaps this was a deliberate
> move of some sort or perhaps I'm overlooking something here? Any help in
> this matter would certainly be appreciated.
>
> --
> The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed
> by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes
> frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning
> yourself.
>
>      - Friedrich Nietzsche

Unfortunately the developers did not have time to create a new menu editor
(the old one won't work anymore), so there is none yet. (Will most probably
arrive in a next version of Xfce).

However, if you want to move a menu entry, copy the respective file from
/usr/share/applications to ~/.local/share/applications, right-click and open
with Mousepad, then edit the Categories=... line (i.e. change Accessories to
Network).

Good luck,
--
Vincent