[xubuntu-users] Shortcut to keyboard

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU beranger5ca at yahoo.ca
Tue Oct 28 12:38:56 UTC 2008

> I'm afraid this is not possible yet. IIRC this would be possible
> in Xfce 4.6, which isn't released yet. You'll see it in Xubuntu
> 9.04 and you _can_ install it in Xubuntu 8.10, but I wouldn't
> recommend you to run any of these, seeing as they're not yet
> released ;-).

I have been despised by some Xfce developer(s) to have said that there is a mess and nobody cares about integrating the Xfce Goodies into any distro, but here it is:

1. There is *no* need for Xfce 4.6 wrt to the keyboard issue!
2. Is there any *justifiable* reason for *not* including xfce4-xkb-plugin >=0.5.0 instead of the antique 0.4.3? With the latest xfce4-xkb-plugin you can do everything, see this pic: http://beranger.org/blogo21/new_xkb-plugin.png

Yes, you can set the keyboard layout switch key too, and yes, the latest xfce4-xkb-plugin doesn't depend on any newer Xfce!

(The pic is part of this: http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2008/10/22/07/39/47-multiple-keyboard-layouts-in-xfc)

Cheers,
BĂ©ranger