[xubuntu-users] dual monitor and wireless card not recognize

Xavier Flores xfloresv at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 22:00:21 UTC 2008

Hi all

I been using xubuntu since v7 and i love it, also my experience using linux systems begun 4 years ago, however I just install xubuntu v8.04 in my new laptop (asus f8) and for some reason I cannot make two things;

1.- my wireless card is not recognize under xubuntu (ubuntu, kubuntu), i have dual boot and
under windows ambient work property but not under xubuntu.

I been trying a bunch of options like madwifi, and even tried to build a kernel appropriate for my hardware, but it didn't work. I hope some body can help me.

2.-I like to work with dual monitor, but i cannot make it work property
under xubuntu, my secondary monitor is just a mirror of my main screen. I will like to have and extended desktop.

I try already with "xrandr" but it didn't see my VGA output, i think is cause i have ATI video card hardware

any how i'm sure both things are possible to do and is just matter of find the right way to do it, hopefully some body will point me in the right direction

just in case
My laptop is asus F8Va-C1 with a ATI HD 3650 1GB graphic card and intel (i'm 90% positive) wireless card WLAN: 802.11 A/G/N.

cheers
Xavier