[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu install help

keith kwithey at civilsolutions.co.uk
Tue Jan 8 21:04:52 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 19:04 +0000, promar at juno.com wrote:
> Hi,
> first off my equipment:
> fic 503+ motherboard
> amd KIII 400 MHZ processor
> 256 meg memory
> radeon 32 meg apg video card
> samsung sw232 cd/cdrw
> maxtor 40 gig drive
> maxtor 2.0 gig drive
>
> I downloaded xubuntu 7.10 and burned the iso image to a cd. Checksums of the file appeared
> to be ok. checksums of the burned image also appeared to ok. After trying various times to
> install from the cd, the install sometimes stalls at the point when its burning the
> kernal, and when that passes through it stall at the point when installing the software
> portion. I can never get past the software portion, when I do get past the kernal portion
> of the install.
>
> After a few tips in troubleshooting, I came to conclusion that its my cdrom drive that
> does not respond well during install.
>
> So my question is, how can I manage a harddrive install, by invoking the install process
> via the cdrom image? I have no internet connection where my computer is located.
>
> regards
> Boost your productivity with new office software. Click now!
> http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iied8pyY6DKIyioKiIGiURr1LYRfalzOsbzdjGwXpPITD4Hom/

I had a similar problem with the install process stalling at apparently
random points during installation.  Finally turned out to be a faulty
power supply which couldn't manage to keep its voltages when trying to
drive CD, discs, etc at the same time.

Can't answer your final question, however!

Keith