[xubuntu-users] Program freezes and i couldn't kill the process

leegold leegold at fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 30 04:34:45 UTC 2008

http://web.telia.com/~u88005282/sum/index.html

Was trying this "start manager" and opened the help and at that point
the application froze. I tried to kill it using the PID and kill
command. And it said "operation not permitted". I tried to su into root
to try it and I could not su - even though I typed the root pw exactly
it wouldn't let me. I know in FreeBSD you have to a member of the
"wheel" group but I don't support Xubuntu is like this....

Why couldn't I su? I tried sudo in front of the kill command but that
wasn't right syntax or something...

How can I be insured to be able to kill a process? I'm not going to
whine about 8.10, FF3 ect....