[xubuntu-users] Random Freezes on Old machine
lucius.antonius at gmail.com
Wed May 30 09:14:40 UTC 2007
João Santiago wrote:
> How do I do that? through dpkg reconfigure x.org?
1. make a backup of /etc/X11/xorg.conf
2. 'gksudo mousepad /etc/X11/xorg.conf'
3. locate 'Section "Device"'
4. change 'Driver' (probably 'nv' or 'nvidia') to 'vesa'
5. restart X (Ctrl+Alt+Backspace)
if X doens't come up, revert to the backup of xorg.conf using the
just for the record: VESA mode is not fun, you will probably not be able
to watch videos and stuff, but if VESA mode runs fine, you know that
the graphics driver is causing the freezes.
another idea is to go to launchpad and look for bugs related to your
More information about the xubuntu-users