[xubuntu-users] System-wide Proxy settings - where?

David Stubblebine dstubb.mylists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 19:30:25 UTC 2007

So I've installed Ubuntu 7.04 on several older iMacs with few
problems.  However, I put Xubuntu 7.04 on one and can't find where to
enter the system proxy settings.  Without it I can't download
updates, etc.  Is there a control panel somewhere or do I have to do
it from the command line?  If the latter, how?

I've been all over Google and the Ubuntu forums and can't find an
answer - which probably means I am missing something obvious.  Thanks
in advance for any help.

--
David Stubblebine
Norwalk, OH

"Power corrupts.  Absolute power is kind of neat"
-- John Lehman, Secretary of the Navy, 1981-1987