[xubuntu-users] Xu vs. 486DX2
solotim.cn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 14:07:16 UTC 2007
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:28:12 +0000
"João Santiago" <exalowprofile at gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks for replies so far! Frank do you mean using Linux without the GUI? I
> ain't very familiar with the command line only stuff but, since i have time
> i'll get to know it!
> I'll let you know about the results, i also have an old Toshiba laptop (also
> 486 and 32mb of ram) that needs a new OS hehe lots of work ahead
Great, :) Time is everything.
by the way, another OS occur to my mind suddenly, it's ReactOS. Maybe some linux enthusiast could be mad at me, LOL.
ReactOS Hardware Requirements
* 32MB RAM (NOTE: Debug builds may require 72MB of RAM, please use a release build on low memory systems)
* IDE harddisk
* FAT16/FAT32 boot partition
* VGA compatible video card
* Standard (PS/2) keyboard
* PS/2 compatible mouse or Microsoft Mouse compatible serial mouse
Furthermore, if you want to try TCP/IP networking, one of the following ethernet cards may work:
* NE2000 clones
* cards based on the Realtek8139 chipset
Other cards might also work, if you provide the appropriate driver.
More information about the xubuntu-users