[xubuntu-users] very beginner, and wifi question

John Shane jslists at mtwafrica.org
Sun Feb 4 04:05:06 UTC 2007

Nemo,  I think you'll find that a good place for you to start would
be https://help.ubuntu.com/community.  You can find a good
introduction to the use of "sudo" in Ubuntu and its variants as
opposed to the way other Linux systems handle user and root
privileges.

I don't know about "sudo oem-config-prepare" but I seems you chose
the OEM install option.  You can find out more about it at the site
referenced above.  Search for "oem-config-prepare" and you will find
several links to more information.

As for the wifi dongle, google on the key words and you will have
lots of hits including a number of them in French. ;-)

John