YouTube - New Xubuntu Videos/Channel

Jay Torian jaytorian at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 22:38:52 UTC 2014

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share that I'm looking to see what I can do to boost
Xubuntu presence on YouTube and it's cross integration with Google+.  I've
shared a couple emails with Elizabeth on this with some thoughts on
content.  The goal is to do something sustainable and set realistic
expectations, but also test what we might be able to pick up during 2014
which stands to be an exciting year with 14.04 release.

YouTube is one of the biggest search engines in the world right now, and I
personally used it a lot when trying to preview linux versions to install
before I picked Xubuntu as my favorite.  It really helped to demystify
linux when I was very new to it.  There's a lot of good content out there,
some pretty sincere folks bumping FOSS and making good quality content, and
it's an opportunity to get your great work in front of more eyes.

While I can pull in some great Xubuntu reviews and other helpful content, I
think it would be a good custom content project to create some short videos
based on the user guide.  It may sound a little boring, but it's helpful,
it's the kind of thing that people keyword search the search engine and
google for - and so it feels like attractive organic seo content to me.

"xubuntu how do I change the clock format?"
"how to I uninstall a program in xubuntu?"
"how to I update xubuntu?"

etc.

I saw a user guide online for 12.04 - I heard maybe there'd be a new one -
or some new documentation being developed.
Any recommendations on this documentation?  I could use it as content to
narrate the videos.

These are the things I was thinking about trying to do.
Feedback welcome. Thank you.

Lastly the youtube channel *****/users/xubuntu is taken - prob. by the
automation page or some auto rule, I can't find a real page.
We need another name.  Some ideas - no punctuation - I didn't reserve
anything yet.

/users/getxubuntu
/users/xubuntuos
/users/lovexunbutu