jaytorian at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 16:07:54 UTC 2014
Dear Xubuntu team, thank you for the amazing software and efforts.
I'm new to the list, so let me know if there is a sub-list for marketing,
The goals of these suggestions are to
1) inform someone new to the Ub-Ku-Xu-Lu-buntu/Mint decision process of the
advantages of Xubuntu
2) clearly define ranges of computer equipment for well running systems
3) make Xubuntu an appealing decision - build excitement with their
decision to try Xubuntu
- 13.10 is very elegant - show most recent release first, and older
releases as one scrolls down into history
- add section about machine specifications in "table of contents" with
likely hardware for success
- add "community" section with links to forums community resources
- if possible, highlight current release features and benefits for users in
factual simple terms in top section
- I see a YouTube channel, but it looks like it's auto-generated?
- Can you claim it and use it?
- Create videos for "OS tour", "how to install", "how to, etc.", pull in
other videos on YouTube you feel are good quality into channel queue
- Product Tour
- good section but more screenshots and large images show off the desktop
and window visuals
- full size 1280+ graphics to simulate
- enhance information about machine specs and user benefits
- add "New to Xubuntu" section for first timers
- Jay T.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the xubuntu-devel