[Bulk] In-flight: XP to 7

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Sun Feb 16 14:03:53 UTC 2014

On 15/02/14 19:42, Michael Fischer wrote:

> Constructive:
>
>  *
>
>     keep the promises of the release notes

I have explained the situation in a previous mail to this list [1].
Welcome to join us write the release notes for 14.04, to be released in
April.

>  *
>
>     be part of the Ubuntu community or leave the Ubuntu software base
>     - be clear

Xubuntu is still a part of the Ubuntu community and uses the Ubuntu
software base. I fail to understand how the desision to not use the
hardware enablement stack would communicate that we're leaving the
community.

Flavors are given the choice to choose different default, or in some
cases, opt-in or opt-out of certain features. This is because flavors
were never meant to be just the Ubuntu core with a different desktop
environment

>  *
>
>     want to go after the XP base - know the base and their desires and
>     needs, before assuming things. Have hard facts.

If you have hard facts on this, or any other issue, please bring them to
our attention. If possible, before the decision are being made. We have
made the decision based on our best knowledge.

> I'd appreciate if members here do not get defensive when bugs (in the
> docs or the kernel versions) are communicated. And having Xubuntu
> 12.04.4 LTS with kernel version 3.2.0 is by all standards a bug.Proof:
> there is no information in the docs about leaving the Ubuntu 12.04.4
> software base with an outdated kernel version.

I have double-checked the mailing list archives, and also fail to see
where (Xubuntu team) members were not willing to admit the truth here.
Please note that not everybody in the list is involved with the project
officially in any way, and that the Xubuntu team or moderators can't
affect what individuals post to the list.

With this email, please consider this thread closed.

If this thread inspired any of you to help Xubuntu out with the release
notes or anything else, you are most welcome to join us. More details
can be found at the Get Involved section of our website [2].

Cheers,
Pasi

[1]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-devel/2014-February/009746.html