Mir Testing: Tracking GPU Success/Failure, Flavor Bugs, and the XMir decision

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Wed Aug 14 00:05:16 UTC 2013

On 14/08/13 02:41, Jono Bacon wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Lots of awesome feedback from the Mir testing in the pad!
>
> To make things easier to track, I have created
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Mir/GPUTesting which lists the GPU models
> tested, Mir versions and their success/failure. I transitioned all the
> 0.0.8x testing to the table.
>
> I would like to encourage all of you who have a card that is not
> currently listed on the page to test XMir and provide feedback (Mir is
> now in the archive for testing too).
>
> Also, on a related note, I have tagged bugs discovered in the Xubuntu
> testing with 'flavormirbug' - please be sure to tag bugs you find with
> this tag to have them appear in front of developers.
>
> On a final note, I talked to Olli today who mentioned that the
> Multi-Monitor and Composite Bypass features that are currently missing
> are scheduled to land by the 22nd Aug. Now, I know the Xubuntu team
> are making a decision about whether to use XMir or not on the 22nd -
> it might make more sense to wait for these features to land before
> making a final decision - can a decision be made the following week?
>
> Thanks!
>
>    Jono

We're looking at the feedback and generally discussing Mir on this weeks
meeting.

There is more to it than just the things you mentioned that will decide
if we want Mir or not. If everything else seems to be fine, I'm sure we
can postpone the ultimate decision by a day or two and organize some
more testing for the said features, if they are actually landing on our
decision day. On the other, if we see Mir as generally lacking, I see no
reason to postpone the decision to any later date.

Cheers,
Pasi