Mir Testing: Tracking GPU Success/Failure, Flavor Bugs, and the XMir decision

Stephen Michael Kellat skellat at fastmail.net
Tue Aug 13 23:53:21 UTC 2013

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 16:41:57 -0700
Jono Bacon <jono at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Lots of awesome feedback from the Mir testing in the pad!
>
> To make things easier to track, I have created
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Mir/GPUTesting which lists the GPU models
> tested, Mir versions and their success/failure. I transitioned all the
> 0.0.8x testing to the table.
>
> I would like to encourage all of you who have a card that is not
> currently listed on the page to test XMir and provide feedback (Mir is
> now in the archive for testing too).
>
> Also, on a related note, I have tagged bugs discovered in the Xubuntu
> testing with 'flavormirbug' - please be sure to tag bugs you find with
> this tag to have them appear in front of developers.
>
> On a final note, I talked to Olli today who mentioned that the
> Multi-Monitor and Composite Bypass features that are currently missing
> are scheduled to land by the 22nd Aug. Now, I know the Xubuntu team
> are making a decision about whether to use XMir or not on the 22nd -
> it might make more sense to wait for these features to land before
> making a final decision - can a decision be made the following week?
>
> Thanks!
>
>    Jono

[snip]

Jono,

Feature Freeze is August 29th.  That's going to be a very tight timeframe.  There will be a Xubuntu meeting this Thursday at 1500 UTC where this request can be handled most appropriately.  This sort of discussion is already on the agenda and, of course, attendance by you and Olli or your deputies possibly be beneficial.

I'll be glad to raise this as a matter for discussion then unless otherwise overruled beforehand.

Stephen Michael Kellat