Mir Testing: Tracking GPU Success/Failure, Flavor Bugs, and the XMir decision

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 13 23:41:57 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Lots of awesome feedback from the Mir testing in the pad!

To make things easier to track, I have created
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Mir/GPUTesting which lists the GPU models
tested, Mir versions and their success/failure. I transitioned all the
0.0.8x testing to the table.

I would like to encourage all of you who have a card that is not
currently listed on the page to test XMir and provide feedback (Mir is
now in the archive for testing too).

Also, on a related note, I have tagged bugs discovered in the Xubuntu
testing with 'flavormirbug' - please be sure to tag bugs you find with
this tag to have them appear in front of developers.

On a final note, I talked to Olli today who mentioned that the
Multi-Monitor and Composite Bypass features that are currently missing
are scheduled to land by the 22nd Aug. Now, I know the Xubuntu team
are making a decision about whether to use XMir or not on the 22nd -
it might make more sense to wait for these features to land before
making a final decision - can a decision be made the following week?

Thanks!

   Jono

--
Jono Bacon