[Testing Report 1] Xubuntu Saucy with MIR

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 14:47:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

   1. Go to website: http://vanir.unit193.tk/mir/
   2. Download:
   http://vanir.unit193.tk/mir/xubuntu-13.10-xmir-i386.iso.torrent
   3. MD5SUM Checked - 65f50236517df8d1c16fbf8d6bc6d767 - PASS
   4. Oracle VM version 4.2.12 under Windows 7 created
   5. VM details: 1 CPU, Base Memory is 512MB, Video Memory is 12MB, HDD is
   8GB and "xubuntu-13.10-xmir-i386.iso" is the LiveCD
   6. "Try Xubuntu without installation" gave me this after the LiveDesktop
   showed up: http://i40.tinypic.com/ek0njc.jpg
   7. Rebooted
   8. I have chosen: "Install Xubuntu"
   9. Have chosen this option to install: http://i40.tinypic.com/14jx9h4.jpg
   10. Everything was okay during the installation process
   11. Installation Done
   12. Rebooted
   13. Got the Login Screen: http://i40.tinypic.com/29qbq5e.jpg
   14. After I logged in, I got this: http://i43.tinypic.com/34sl4pd.jpg
   15. After each time I login, I have to enter my password twice for two
   different message boxes.
   16. After entering the password, I got this error showing in Terminal:
   http://i44.tinypic.com/219b620.jpg
   17. I have done: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y && sudo
   apt-get dist-upgrade -y
   18. Rebooted
   19. Same, after the login screen, I have to enter my password yet again
   (see step 14) and after I enter my password I see the error message in the
   terminal yet again (see step 16).
   20. "After booting the system, a terminal window with the
   unity-system-compositor log will display. To confirm that you are running
   XMir, type ps ax | grep system-comp" - I did not yet see this and have no
   idea what do you mean by "after booting the system"? what system" the Live
   Session? after installing?

That is all for now.

Anything specific you would like to test or check? let me know.

--
*Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
*Best Regards,