[Testing Report 1] Xubuntu Saucy with MIR
Ali Linx (amjjawad)
amjjawad at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 14:47:06 UTC 2013
1. Go to website: http://vanir.unit193.tk/mir/
3. MD5SUM Checked - 65f50236517df8d1c16fbf8d6bc6d767 - PASS
4. Oracle VM version 4.2.12 under Windows 7 created
5. VM details: 1 CPU, Base Memory is 512MB, Video Memory is 12MB, HDD is
8GB and "xubuntu-13.10-xmir-i386.iso" is the LiveCD
6. "Try Xubuntu without installation" gave me this after the LiveDesktop
showed up: http://i40.tinypic.com/ek0njc.jpg
8. I have chosen: "Install Xubuntu"
9. Have chosen this option to install: http://i40.tinypic.com/14jx9h4.jpg
10. Everything was okay during the installation process
11. Installation Done
13. Got the Login Screen: http://i40.tinypic.com/29qbq5e.jpg
14. After I logged in, I got this: http://i43.tinypic.com/34sl4pd.jpg
15. After each time I login, I have to enter my password twice for two
different message boxes.
16. After entering the password, I got this error showing in Terminal:
17. I have done: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y && sudo
apt-get dist-upgrade -y
19. Same, after the login screen, I have to enter my password yet again
(see step 14) and after I enter my password I see the error message in the
terminal yet again (see step 16).
20. "After booting the system, a terminal window with the
unity-system-compositor log will display. To confirm that you are running
XMir, type ps ax | grep system-comp" - I did not yet see this and have no
idea what do you mean by "after booting the system"? what system" the Live
Session? after installing?
That is all for now.
Anything specific you would like to test or check? let me know.
*Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad> - StartUbuntu
- Linux Brainstorming <https://www.facebook.com/groups/352004991569676/> -
Ubuntu GNOME <http://ubuntugnome.org/> - Xubuntu <http://xubuntu.org/> -
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the xubuntu-devel