Xubuntu Saucy on Mir/XMir
shankarforfriends at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 12:45:20 UTC 2013
Hi after my previous testing on Virtual Box, now i have installed Xubuntu
13.10 XMIR ISO on real system.
Here are the results of my tests. I hope it will be helpful for the
1) The login screen blinks light on and off momentarily, i am not sure
whether it's a feature or a bug.
2) After login, a blue squared box forms a trail on the mouse arrow for few
3) Even after i entered the login password it asks the password again by
opening a dialog box containing text :
The application 'xfce4-terminal-x less
/var/log/lightdm/unity-system-compositor.log' lets you modify essential
parts of your system.
4) After entering the password, the desktop loads and a terminal window
shows this message:
5) I tried to check the updates and installed the updates on 16th August
2013 and found this internal error:
6) Today i have updated again and the Restart button which shows after
installing the update didn't work, so i selected the usual Restart button
and the usual problems appeared as mentioned above 1 2 3 4 and not 5!
View this message in context: http://ubuntu.5.x6.nabble.com/Xubuntu-Saucy-on-Mir-XMir-tp5032357p5036947.html
Sent from the xubuntu-devel mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the xubuntu-devel