Xubuntu team direction

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 23:54:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 2:46 AM, Pasi Lallinaho <open at knome.fi> wrote:

> Now, where did this discussion go?

It appears as though it went on vacation.  It has to come back to work
eventually, though!

> People seemed to like the council-type approach; what's next?

I think it would be a good idea to revisit the document that Cody put
together and see how it would need to be modified to suit a council-type
approach.  I can give this a try.  I'll let the group know if I have
questions as I put things together.

> Anybody
> has obejctions? Should we first propose this to the Community Council
> (or some place else) or just take the new governance into use?

Once that is done, I think we should have a meeting to approve it.  We could
at least have that as an agenda item for our meeting (which we need to have
anyway).  I think that there is a general consensus around this for now, but
we should formalize it.

> Cody, can
> you be our link to the other councils or whatever, as you seem to know
> them best?

If we all approve of the change as a group, I think we could forward it on
to the council so that they know what we're doing, but I am not so sure it
would require their seal of approval.  As long as we are comfortable with
what we're doing, I think the community council would be ok with it.
Ultimately, I don't think it will make a huge difference in how we operate
as long as things get done.

> What's the situation with the technical team leadership? Cody, Lionel?

I think we still need to address this.

> What's the situation with Michael? Can we remove Joszef's name from the
> leaders list - he's still not appeared from the mist.

I don't know what the situation is with Michael.  As for Joszef, I am of the
opinion that we could remove his name from the leaders list.  If he wanted
to come back and contribute more, he would be welcome to do so.

> To make Lucid be as good and stable as possible, I think we also should
> have a developer meeting soonish. If we can get the governance things
> sorted before or while the meeting, GREAT!

I agree!  I've put together a doodle poll to check everyone's availability
for a team meeting.  Please record what times will work for you using the
link below.  Hopefully the times will work for people, but I can set up new
times if I've picked times that don't work for your corner of the world.
Keep in mind that this will be the best Xubuntu team meeting ever.

http://www.doodle.com/6stt9n2q7t9467q5

Jim