Feature Freeze approaching

Jarno Suni jarno.suni at iki.fi
Fri Aug 21 11:09:45 BST 2009

Hi

I suggest that you make tray icon default whatever power manager is
chosen; by that you can suspend/hibernate so that screen is locked in
resume. (See also
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xfce4-session/+bug/121737)
xfce4-power-manager (0.6.2) is better in that it can launch whatever
locking utility determined in xflock4. gnome-power-manager can lock by
gnome-screensaver only (and needs the respective daemon running).

xinitrc prefers to start xscreensaver daemon, if it is installed
(instead of gnome-screensaver daemon). IHMO it would be better to
change that to prevent from surprises in Xfce session after user
installs xscreensaver (by installing e.g. lxde besides
xubuntu-desktop). That is: patch xinitrc to start certain Xubuntu's
default screensaver daemon, even if both xscreensaver and
gnome-screensaver are installed. I vote for gnome-screensaver;
xscreensaver seems to show too much (=some pop-up messages) even in
locked state and has less features.

My experiences are from Xubuntu 9.04.

I am not a member in the mailing list.

--
Jarno Suni - http://iki.fi/8/
Ole hyvä ja käytä XHTML-yhteensopivaa WWW-selainta.