Fwd: Minutes from the MOTU Release meeting, Monday 24th Aug, 19:00 UTC
Cody A.W. Somerville
cody-somerville at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 25 18:48:22 UTC 2009
Xubuntu Developers & Contributors:
Please be aware of the following minutes from the MOTU Release Meeting.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Iulian Udrea <iulian at ubuntu.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 4:39 AM
Subject: Minutes from the MOTU Release meeting, Monday 24th Aug, 19:00 UTC
To: Ubuntu Development <ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>, Masters of the
Universe <ubuntu-motu at lists.ubuntu.com>
Here are the minutes from the MOTU Release meeting, Monday 24th August,
= Members present (4/5) =
* Stefan Potyra (sistpoty)
* Scott Kitterman (ScottK)
* Iulian Udrea (iulian)
* Steve Stalcup (vorian)
Absent: Nathan Handler (nhandler)
= MOTU Release delegates =
* Scott Kitterman suggested to make Steve Stalcup the Qt/KDE delegate for
this cycle. We
all agreed. Riddell said he could be fallback if Steve becomes unavailable.
* Mario Limonciello (superm1) agreed to act as a delegate for Mythbuntu
* Cody Somerville (cody-somerville) agreed to act as a delegate for
Xubuntu. He also
recommended Lionel Le Folgoc (mr_pouit) to be a delegate as well. They will
the delegates for Xubuntu this cycle.
* Fabien Tassin (fta) agreed to act as a delegate for Mozilla packages,
Alexander Sack (asac).
* Luis de Bethencourt Guimerá (luisbg) and Cory Kontros (_MMA_) will act as
delegates for Ubuntu Studio.
* Sebastien Bacher (seb128) was proposed again to act as a delegate for
Desktop packages this cycle. This is still unclear, unfortunately.
Action: Iulian Udrea (iulian) to send an e-mail to the ubuntu-desktop ML to
who will act as a delegate.
* Steve Kowalik (StevenK) will act as a delegate for Ubuntu Netbook, Ubuntu
* Scott Kitterman (ScottK) for Ubuntu Server again.
* We haven't delegated responsibility to no one for Edubuntu yet. It seems
Jordan Mantha (LaserJock) is unavailable at the moment. We will talk to him
when he reappears.
= Freeze Exception process =
* There were no questions regarding the Freeze Exception process . We all
agreed that the process should remain the same.
+ 2 ACKs for the exception to become valid.
+ 2 ACKs for new packages as well. We won't consider exception for new
packages if there are not worthwhile.
+ New upstream releases that are bug fix only just need a bug for
= Standing Freeze exceptions =
* audacity 
+ Reinhard Tartler (siretart) suggested to don't update to the latest
release, 1.3.8. Reinhard said that the latest release doesn't work with
0.5 release. It will need a newer ffmpeg which we are not shipping.
+ It was agreed to wait for input from Luis de Bethencourt Guimerá on this
iulian at ubuntu.com
(On behalf of the MOTU Release team)
ubuntu-devel mailing list
ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
Cody A.W. Somerville
Software Systems Release Engineer
Custom Engineering Solutions Group
Canonical OEM Services
Email: cody.somerville at canonical.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the xubuntu-devel