FFe request for audacity

Benjamin Drung bdrung at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 21 14:17:54 BST 2009

Hello,

I would like to have a general feature freeze exception for audacity for
karmic. The odd 1.3.* releases of audacity are beta releases. Since
hardy Ubuntu is using the 1.3 series. Upstream focuses now a stable
release (1.4 or 2.0). They are polishing audacity and fixing many bugs
and they try to not introduce new features.

According to their mailing list they have following release time line:

* 1.3.9 - Aug 25
* 1.3.10 - Sep 25
* rc - Oct 7
* release - Oct 15

If they need more time, they will probably release a 1.3.11 on Oct 15
and the final release after karmic.

I would like to see the latest release of audacity in Ubuntu 9.10.

Cheers,
Benjamin