Finding mirrors for Xubuntu

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Fri Apr 24 15:36:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 16:11:08 +0200
Steve Dodier <sidnioulz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm sending this email because I'd like to know how we should proceed
> in order to find mirrors for Xubuntu. I'm especially thinking about
> french (and this is probably true in many other countries)
> universities, which usually sponsor Linux distributions (for
> instance, Nantes sponsors Ubuntu). Cody, I'd appreciate having your
> point of view over this. I think it's no harm to ask wether or not we
> can have a mirror from a few universities.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Considering that it took more than 12 hours to propagate Xubuntu 9.04
to the existing mirrors, I think this is a great idea. I'm sure this is
true around the world. As a matter of fact, after 24 hours, we still do
not have mirrors up at Russian Federation, Germany, Australia, and
Europe. Having more mirrors could really benefit those trying to
download Xubuntu.

--
Charlie Kravetz