seed changes

Jani Monoses jani at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 5 21:44:30 UTC 2008

> It appears all Xubuntu developers are also users, and have their
> preferences as users, which they would like to see satisfied when they
> are acting as developers. Now it appears that there is a major choice to
> be made: In case you cannto have both, is user-friendly-ness/stability
> more important or  efficiency/lightweight-ness? Why not ask the users?

that is not really the choice. As I said the lightweightness issue is
mostly a red herring in the cases of apps people have been changing.
Only for the absolutely broken apps did we introduce gnome counterparts,
the others have gnome in the name but are gtk only (hello Jerome, please
run an ldd once in a while before coming up with bits of wisdom along
the lines of 'things have gnome in their names therefore they are to be
used in gnome')

Jani