Including a splash screen

Mario Limonciello superm1 at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 4 06:48:11 UTC 2007

Jani,

Well, we have 3 different types of installs to cater towards.

Includes MythFrontend / Auto login
Includes MythFrontend, no auto login
Doesn't include MythFrontend

The only type that it would really be necessary for is the Includes MythFrontend
/ Auto login.  This session goes through and starts mythfrontend as one of its
automatic startup apps (via ~/.config/autostart/blah.desktop).  Mythfrontend has
to scale some themes, so it can be a lengthy login.

The other two types, it's not a big deal.

When you say it was a maintenance burden, i'm imagining this was because you had
to copy the sources from another source package manually and modify them?  I can
imagine that did look pretty slick with a running mouse though :)

Regards,

--
Mario Limonciello
superm1 at ubuntu.com