Including a splash screen

Jani Monoses jani at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 4 07:12:53 UTC 2007

Mario Limonciello wrote:
> Jani,
>
> Well, we have 3 different types of installs to cater towards.
>
> Includes MythFrontend / Auto login
> Includes MythFrontend, no auto login
> Doesn't include MythFrontend
>
> The only type that it would really be necessary for is the Includes MythFrontend
> / Auto login.  This session goes through and starts mythfrontend as one of its
> automatic startup apps (via ~/.config/autostart/blah.desktop).  Mythfrontend has
> to scale some themes, so it can be a lengthy login.

cannot those be precomputed? Or do they change based on what's on TV? :)

> The other two types, it's not a big deal.
>

> When you say it was a maintenance burden, i'm imagining this was because you had
> to copy the sources from another source package manually and modify them?  I can
> imagine that did look pretty slick with a running mouse though :)

It was a patch to xfce4-session which touched autoconf stuff hence was a
big and ugly diff. If you look in the pool for the dapper version of
xfce4-session you can probably fish out the patch. Although having a
separate source package may be easier.

indeed it looked sweet imho, it was based in this original gif. Oh, the
memories :)

http://lehrer.schule.at/goell-pregesbauer//wp-content/xubuntu_logo_suggestion_3.gif