Problem with adding samba printer in Herd 5

Foxy foxy at on-the-hill.me.uk
Sun Mar 4 18:29:26 UTC 2007

Due to some crash of my laptop I decide to ditch Dapper and switch to
Feisty. This is the first time I decided to install Xubuntu. Before I
usually used Ubuntu with XFCE.

The installation was fine but I ran into trouble trying to add Windows
samba printer. I used Settings/Printing. The programme properly
identified my shared printer by clicking on it did not add the printer's
address in the upper window (smb:// ...).

I tried to do it manually by enabling localhost:631 and using cups
interface, but still I cannot do it. I think I have the address wrong
for some reason. I tried to run smbtree:
> ~$ smbtree
> Password:
> WORKGROUP
>         \\NECAPTOP                      necaptop server (Samba, Ubuntu)
>                 \\NECAPTOP\IPC$                 IPC Service (necaptop server (Samba, Ubuntu))
>                 \\NECAPTOP\etc_nec
>                 \\NECAPTOP\sveta
>                 \\NECAPTOP\sasha
>                 \\NECAPTOP\alex
>                 \\NECAPTOP\print$               Printer Drivers
>         \\AC-PC                         Al's Uber PC
>                 \\AC-PC\diskl
>                 \\AC-PC\L$              Default share
>                 \\AC-PC\C$              Default share
>                 \\AC-PC\H$              Default share
>                 \\AC-PC\ADMIN$          Remote Admin
>                 \\AC-PC\dx3800          EPSON Stylus DX3800 Series
>                 \\AC-PC\diskd
>                 \\AC-PC\print$          Printer Drivers
>                 \\AC-PC\SharedDocs
>                 \\AC-PC\D$              Default share
>                 \\AC-PC\IPC$            Remote IPC
>                 \\AC-PC\diskh

So I put smb://WORKGROUP/AK-PC/dx3800, but CUPS shows