disable one of two soundboards

Lamanary Ramos de Pina lamanary at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 16:49:25 UTC 2006

hi there,

I have 2 soundboards on my system (1 onboard, other PCI) that are chosen
randomly at boot. So I have 2 questions:
1. How do I force xubuntu to pick just one of them?
2. How can I disable one of them (without having to physically remove) so
xubuntu just 'see' one at boot? I tried to disable on-board sound at BIOS
but it didn't work. But now I'm more interested in disable the PCI's one
(because it's not working after a power failure and the problem is critical
now).

thank you, Lamanary

--
Having smoking and non-smoking sections in the same room is like having
urinating and non-urinating sections in a swimming pool.