Xfld - maybe Xubuntu can borrow some things from there

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 21:18:39 UTC 2006

On 1/18/06, Oblio <apa_chioara at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Benedikt Meurer - the developer of Terminal and Thunar
> from Xfce, is also the developer of a Xfce based Live
> CD - Xfld. I haven't gotten to testing it yet, my
> download is kind of lagging :), but he seems to have
> some nice apps over there.

Old news :)
I haven't tried xfld either but for Hoary we actually used Benedikt's
debian 4.2 packages as debian was still at 4.0. Some of them are still
with us because they are not in debian  yet or the versioning mismatch makes
our
packages newer even if they are techincally the same. They are mostly
goodies (ex: notes, clipman plugin)
but the xfdesktiop package is the one from xfld, it is neither the official
4.2 or 4.4 xfdesktop.

Having a network config app is interesting if someone knows more please
share the info :)

Jani